The winter holidays offer the perfect occasion to make your home or business stand out with cheerful decorations. For those who use conventionally powered lights, however, this usually translates into a hefty electricity bill, which can bring down the holiday joy quite a bit. One way to avoid this downside altogether is to go solar instead.
Solar Christmas lights and decorations are just as beautiful, functional, and versatile as their more traditional counterparts. In addition, they do not impact the environment in a negative way and they are much more cost-effective.
Which Are the Best Solar Christmas Lights and Decorations?
Holiday cheer comes in many shapes, colors, and forms, and this is no less true for solar Christmas decorations. These innovative ornaments range from multicolored string lights to all-white garlands, garden stakes, delicate fairy lights, and more. The following are some of the best decorations on the market, in terms of both aspect and quality.
QEDERTEK 200 LED Solar Powered Christmas Lights
These solar Christmas lights by Qedertek come in a generous set of 200 LEDs displayed across a 72ft strand, which is a great deal considering the affordable price of each set. The lights feature all the traditional colors, including blue, green, red, and yellow, for a truly festive décor. You can use them to adorn an outdoor Christmas tree, your home, your garden, a party, or, why not, a holiday-themed shop front window.
Because there is no wiring to worry about, these string lights are easy to install and maintain. The only condition for them to work is that the solar panel is placed in a well-lit area where it can absorb the most sunlight during the day. A 6.5ft cable is provided to connect the lights to the panel, which means you can place the two separately as well. Once installed, the lights turn on and off automatically and can last up to 8 hours per night on a full charge.
- Each set comes with 200 bright and colorful LED lights; 8 working modes The 72ft cable string is long enough to decorate most trees, windows, or other features High quality for an affordable price IP 65 weather-proof; will endure through snow and heavy rain
- The duration and intensity of the lights might be affected if the solar panel gets insufficient sunlight throughout the day
LEMONTEC 200 LED Holiday String Lighting
Lemontec’s white holiday string lights are sold in packs of two, each with 200 LEDs on a 72ft cable. This makes for an impressive total of 400 LEDs at a price that will usually buy you half. In addition, reviews from hundreds of other customers confirm that these solar Christmas lights are more than worth their money in terms of durability and quality. Overall, it’s one of the best deals you can get on the market.
Thanks to the fact that the lights are displayed on an extra-long cable, you can use them to decorate extensive gardens, a lawn, various home features, trees, and even indoor settings like a balcony or a set of stairs. The cable is dark in color, which makes it less visible during the day and barely noticeable at night. The lights, on the other hand, are super bright and able to create a cheerful atmosphere.
- 2 Sets of 200 bright white LEDs on an extra-long cable for extensive decorating
- Easy to install; comes with 6ft of cable to connect lights to solar panel
- Automatically turns on and off; can light up for more than 8 hours on a full charge
- IP 65 weather-proof; can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Less durable than other options
INNGREE Snowflake Solar String Lights 30 LED
This joyful set of solar Christmas decorations by Inngree includes 30 LEDs in the shape of snowflakes on a 20ft cable. You can buy the set in either all-white or multiple colors to ensure that it fits in with the rest of your holiday ornaments. In both cases, the lights create a romantic, festive atmosphere and can be used to decorate both indoor and outdoor features.
The solar panel is easily installed without any additional tools and can be set up separately from the string lights. Only two switches must be operated upon installation – the power on/off and the flash/steady mode – which makes the set overall simple to maintain. The on button is pressed only once and the lights turn on and off automatically after the activation of the solar panel.
- Beautiful snowflake solar Christmas decorations for a cheerful atmosphere Can be ordered in both white and multiple colors (including red, blue, green, and yellow) Easy to install and maintain Rain and weather-proof; suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- More expensive than other options
- Only 30 LEDs are included per set
SOLARDUKE LED Snowflake Lights 3D
These LED snowflake lights by SolarDuke are designed with an eye-catching shape and the ability to change colors at a pleasant pace throughout the night. Even during the day, their 3D form glitters in the sunlight, which ensures a great display while the battery charges. Once installed, the lights turn on and off automatically, so you don’t have to worry about them throughout the holiday season.
Each set comes with two snowflakes positioned on stakes and easily installed into the ground. Their acrylic and stainless steel composition ensures that they are light-weight and easy to maneuver, but also that they can withstand harsh conditions during bad weather days. The snowflakes rotate through seven possible colors for a mesmerizing, magical effect. As such, they make the perfect solar Christmas decorations for any garden or patio, where they can be used on their own or as accents for other features.
- Charming 3D snowflake shape, in-theme with the holiday season
- A mesmerizing display of 7 alternating colors
- Quality design with acrylic snowflakes and a stainless steel stake
- Lights turn on and off routinely so that you don’t have to worry about them after installation
- Fairly pricy compared to other solar Christmas decorations
- Only 2 snowflakes are included per set
SUNLITEC 100 LEDs Starry String Lights
Sunlitec’s LED string lights come in a warm white hue and offer a festive touch to any indoor or outdoor space. 100 LEDs are included per piece and each set features two separate strings for a total of 72ft of solar Christmas lights. The cable connecting the LEDs is made from thin copper, which allows you to bend it around any shape for an aesthetically pleasing effect. In addition, the wiring benefits from insulation so that it does not overheat even after 15 hours of continuous lighting.
Although very delicate, the lights are strong enough to illuminate an enclosed space, as well as beautifully accentuate an outdoor feature. Once installed, the set operates automatically and can last for up to 10 hours per night on a full charge.
- Two sets of 100 LEDs each in a warm white hue that is perfect for ambient lighting
- Highly affordable compared to other options
- Thin copper wire that is easy to bend and aesthetically pleasing
- Weather-proof build; can withstand both very low and very high temperatures
- May be less durable than other options