Solar fairy lights are delicate fixtures that can help you create a magical setting for any occasion. Whether you’re decorating for the holiday season, a wedding, a birthday party, or just looking to bring a touch of warmth to an indoor space, these lights are the perfect accessory.
In addition, solar powered fairy lights blend in with the environment and cause no damage to the latter. They work based on the photovoltaic principle, which allows materials such as silicone to absorb sunlight and turn it into electricity. The best part about this renewable form of energy? It’s actually free!
What Are the Best Solar Fairy Lights in 2020?
In advertisements, most LED fairy lights look more or less the same – a long copper string with 50 to 200 tiny, brilliant lights distributed across it. But how do you know which of these pictures tell the truth and which exaggerate the quality of a product? This list of the top 5 best solar fairy lights in 2020 can help you tell the difference and buy something you’ll be happy to string along your new solar birdbath (for example).
AMIR Solar Powered String Lights, 33ft (100 LEDs)
Some of the most durable and reliable solar powered fairy lights come from Amir, and this 33ft 100 LED string makes no exception. The lights, the copper wire, and the solar panel are all built using only the highest quality materials in order to ensure that the string continues to work as advertised for several years after being purchased. This does not show in the price of this product, however, which makes it a veritable bargain.
For a relatively low cost, you get two sets of solar power fairy lights for a total of 66ft of copper string and 200 LEDs. The lights are delicate and small, but bright enough to draw the attention of any on-looker. They are furthermore tested for durability and completely weather-proof, so they can be used in areas or during seasons where/when rain and snow are expected.
The copper wire is highly malleable and can be bent into any desirable shape, but will not break easily when handled. The two available working modes – flash and steady on – can help you prepare a space for different events or quickly change the mood inside an indoor room.
- 2 x 33Ft of copper wire with 2 x 100 bright LED lights per pack
- The highest quality components for an average price
- Two working modes for different settings and occasions
- Might not stay lit throughout the entire night if they do not receive enough sunlight during the day
SUNLITEC Solar String Lights, 33ft (100 LEDs)
The solar fairy lights by Sunlitec can make any space look festive and romantic. With 33ft of copper wire and 100 LEDs per string, each pack of 2 is enough to bring a drop of magic to your patio, garden, balcony, bedroom, pool, or pergola. Although they can be purchased for a very affordable price, these lights are made to impress and to last.
The string is made from thin, highly flexible copper that is durable enough to be bent into any shape or coiled around any decorative feature. The copper wiring is insulated to prevent overheating and to ensure that the product is safe to touch even after 15 hours of continuous lighting.
The LEDs themselves are very bright and will project light in a complete 360 degree angle. Provided that the solar panel gets enough sunlight throughout the day, the lights can stay on for up to 10 hours during nighttime.
- 2 x 33Ft of flexible copper wiring with 2 x 100 brilliant LED lights per pack
- The copper string is malleable and durable, so you can safely experiment with several shapes without causing any damage to the product
- The copper wiring is insulated to prevent heating
- The solar panel is fairly sensitive so the fixture might not turn on if surrounded by artificial lighting at night
MAGICTEC Solar String Lights, 36ft (100 LEDs)
These solar powered fairy lights by Magictec are every bit as impressive as other options described here. They come in packs of 2 strings, with each string featuring 36ft of copper wire and 100 LED lights. The lights are actually distributed across just 20 of the 36ft of wiring for a denser and brighter display. The remaining 16ft string can be used to put some distance between the lights and the solar panel in case this is necessary to ensure maximum sunlight absorption.
The copper wire is insulated to prevent over-heating, as well as lacquered to ensure its durability in all kinds of weather. Everything required for the installation of the fixtures is provided by the manufacturer so that setting up these lights is as easy as turning on a switch. Once they begin to charge for the first time, they turn on and off automatically during the evening and the morning, respectively.
- 2 x 36Ft copper wiring with 2 x 100 bright LED lights per pack
- The solar panel can be installed remotely from the lights
- Copper wiring is insulated and lacquered
- Easily tangled if not handled with care when unpackaged and installed
MPOW Solar String Lights, 33ft (100 LEDs)
Solar power fairy lights from Mpow come at an average market price, but are significantly brighter and more reliable than most other options. The pack features two strings of 33ft ultra-thin copper wire with a total of 200 LED lights – ideal for decorating small to medium spaces and features in the garden, porch, patio, or an indoor room.
The high-quality wire can be bent, straightened, and bent again without breaking, so the fixture is incredibly versatile in terms of décor. 8 Available working modes, from waves to fireflies, fading, twinkle, and more, ensure that you can easily change things up and create the perfect setting for any event. The upgraded solar panel used in the design of these fairy lights is tested for superior sunlight absorption and a longer-lasting lifespan.
- 2 x 33Ft of ultra-thin copper wiring with 2 x 100 LED lights per pack
- High-quality, durable wiring that can be safely flexed around any feature or shape
- 8 Working modes for a more versatile setting
- The lights are not as bright and do not last as long in regions that do not get a lot of sunshine during the day
WELLGIUM Solar String Lights, 33ft (100 LEDs)
These solar LED fairy lights by Wellgium are approximately 30% less expensive than other options presented here, but they are nevertheless more reliable than most products on the market. They come in packs of 2 strings with 33ft of copper wiring and 100 LEDs each, which is more than a bargain considering their overall low cost.
Otherwise, they have all the features of top solar power fairy lights. They turn on and off automatically after installation, they benefit from 8 possible working modes for a variety of settings, and they can be used both indoors and outdoors thanks to their weatherproof build. In addition, the 12-month warranty pretty much ensures that you will receive a satisfying product for your money.
- More affordable than other options presented here
- 2x 33Ft bendable copper wire with 2 x 100 bright LED lights per pack
- 8 Working modes that can create different atmospheres and settings
- Not as durable as other options