Setting up fence lights is a great way to ensure a more secure perimeter around your home while also sprucing up the décor. Conventional lights might be a hassle to install, especially since most require wiring to a power source. However, this is not at all the case with solar fence lights, which can be popped into place in less than a minute and require little to no maintenance after installation.
In what follows, we’ve put together the top 5 solar lights for fences in 2019 and followed it up with useful information about how these lights work, how many units you’ll need, and which features you should prioritize over others.
What Are the Best Solar Fence Lights in 2019?
The solar power industry is ever growing and, with it, an avalanche of products has flooded the market. Virtually all kinds of conventional lights have been upgraded to versions that work with solar power, so it can get pretty dense when you’re looking for something specific. Luckily, we’ve done the grunt work for you and have come up with this list of the best solar fence lights in 2019.
OTHWAY Solar Fence Post Lights, 4 Pack
The solar fence post lights by Othway strike a fantastic balance between pricing and quality, which is why we have picked them to be our Editor’s Choice. They come in packs of 4 units for an affordable cost and they can be bought in both white and black to better suit the existing color scheme of your fence.
Each light is 12 lumens bright for a total of 48 lumens per set. This is more than you will get with most other products in the same price range and enough to properly illuminate a perimeter for security purposes, provided that you install the units with no more than 1.5ft between them. The plastic cover is cut in a delicate honey-comb shape for an interesting light display, which means these fence lights are excellent for both security and decorative purposes.
In addition, the lights by Othway are made of durable plastic to withstand rain, wind, and snow. They come with 2 pre-drilled holes for installation and, once they are set up, they require no additional maintenance.
- 4 Solar fence lights with 12 lumens each for an affordable price
- Can be used both for decorative and security purposes
- Honey-comb plastic cover for a beautiful light display
- Less durable than other options
- Might not turn on if exposed to artificial light during the night
EXULIGHT Solar Power Fence Lights, 4 Pack
Exulight’s solar lights for fences are some of the sturdiest, most durable products you can buy in this price range. Each set comes with 4 units and, at 22 lumens per light, is one of the brightest options currently on the market.
The shape of these solar fence lights is designed in order to maximize sunlight absorption and conversion efficiency. Thanks to the fact that the solar panel on each unit is slightly oblique, you can place the latter anywhere on the fence and rest assured that it will accumulate enough electricity throughout the day.
In addition, the honey-comb cut in the plastic cover ensures an aesthetically pleasing distribution of the light during nighttime, while the integrated light sensor automatically operates the units once they are installed and turned on. You can essentially place them on the fence and forget about them; they will continue to work flawlessly.
- 4 Solar powered fence lights with 22 lumens each
- Optimal positioning of solar panel for absorption of sunlight throughout the day
- Honey-comb distribution of light; ideal for decorative purposes
- Weather-proof; can last for years through rain, snow, and high temperatures
- Not as effective in regions that do not get many hours of sunlight per day
AITYVERT Solar Flame Lights, 4 Pack
These solar powered wall and fence lights by Aityvert are certainly more expensive than other options presented here, but a pleasure to use and look at. The set includes 4 lights that emulate the warmth of a flame and that are therefore perfect for setting the mood in a patio or backyard.
Each light is approximately 20 lumens bright and encased in a light black cast with lattice design on the front for a gorgeous display. The pattern used to enhance the inside of the units makes it appear as if each cast shelters dancing flames for the perfect ambiance. The lights turn on and off automatically, at night and in the morning, respectively.
- 4 Solar flame lights with 20 lumens each
- A warm white hue that emulates the appearance of dancing flames
- Sleek black cast with a lattice design on the front
- Fully weather-proof
- Considerably more expensive than other options
HOME ZONE Security Solar Wall and Fence Lights, 4 Pack
The solar fence post lights by Home Zone feature a sleek design and a stainless steel finish for an enhanced look. At 20 lumens each, these lights can be used both for decorative and security purposes and are therefore ideal for mounting on the outer walls or fence of a home.
Each package by Home Zone includes 4 lighting fixtures, as well as the screws and anchors necessary for installation. The units come with pre-drilled holes to facilitate their setup and are as easy to operate as flicking on a switch. Once they are turned on for the first time, they regularly come online during the evenings and turn off in the mornings for ease of use.
- 4 Solar lights for fences, each with 20 lumens
- Sleek design with a stainless steel finish for durability
- The package includes both the fixtures and all necessary installation hardware
- Completely weather-proof
- Slightly more expensive than other options
SUNFACE Solar Deck Lights, 6 Pack
The 6 pack solar fence post lights by Sunface are more affordable than all of the options presented above, but comparable in terms of quality and durability. Each light is 10 lumens bright, so additional units might be needed to properly illuminate a fence or wall for security purposes, but the advantageous cost makes up for this shortcoming.
In addition, these lights have a beautiful, rustic design and can be ordered in both warm white and multicolored hues. They are perfect for decorative purposes and made from ABS plastic to ensure long-term durability. The installation is simple and quick, involves no additional wires or hardware, and sets the lights to turn on and off automatically during the evening and morning, respectively.
- 6 Solar lights for fences, each 10 lumens bright
- A very affordable package compared to other items of similar quality
- Beautiful design in warm white or multiple colors
- Made of ABS plastic for enhanced durability and weather-proof
- Not as bright as other options
- Not as durable as other options