If you’re looking for a simple and cost-effective way to get into the solar energy game, a charger for your phone is a perfect start. It’s a great way for you to ease into embracing solar power in your life, for a very small investment. It’s also an excellent way to encourage family and friends to do the same, while also providing them with a tool that offers convenience and even emergency help.
A solar phone charger is an excellent way for you to charge your phones and other devices for free with the power of the sun. Solar panels designed for the unit will collect energy from the sun. The unit converts this energy into electricity and stores it in a high-capacity battery. You can then use that free energy to charge all your phones and devices.
While this is a very convenient tool for travel and everyday use, it’s also highly valuable in emergency situations. This tool guarantees that you will not get stuck on the roadside or on outdoor adventures without power for your phone. If you find yourself in a dire situation that requires you to call for help, you’ll be extremely grateful to have a solar phone charger.
These products promote eco-consciousness and helps to reduce carbon impact, pollution, and global resource costs, all just from making the decision to use clean power. Additionally, most power sources are equipped with a set of additional features and functionality, like the ability to charge multiple devices at once, or offering a waterproof, shock-resistant model perfect for more rugged use.
A solar powered charge-bank is a must-have for your home in case you lose power. It’s perfect for your RV, boat, or summer cabin. You’ll appreciate having this with you at the beach, at the campground, or on the hike. A tool like this is almost a necessity for the busy executive on the go. Don’t risk losing a call or finishing a meeting because your battery dies and you have no viable way to recharge. Keep reading for more information about how to choose the right solar phone charger for you.
Suaoki Solar Powered Charger
Bonai High Capacity Solar Bank
Be-Charming Portable Solar Charge Bank
- 1 Best Solar Chargers for Your Phone – Top Reviews of 2020
- 2 Solar Phone Chargers – Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.1 What is a portable solar phone charge-bank?
- 2.2 Where can I buy it?
- 2.3 How can I be sure of what I need?
- 2.4 How do I select battery capacity?
- 2.5 How do I choose between portability?
- 2.6 Should I get a hybrid model?
- 2.7 How does the power bank work?
- 2.8 Will a solar charger work indoors?
- 2.9 Can you charge a solar charger through a window?
- 2.10 Can I take a solar bank on a plane?
- 2.11 What’s the best solar charger for backpacking?
- 3 Conclusion
Best Solar Chargers for Your Phone – Top Reviews of 2020
Below you’ll find reviews for some of 2020’s most popular options to charge your phone with solar energy. If you’re on a budget, don’t worry; we’ve gathered the specifics on the best option for you. Are you an avid outdoor adventurer? We’ve collected the low-down on everything you need to know to buy the best solar phone power source for you. Keep reading to find out what makes each model so great and which is the right model for you. Check out 2020’s top reviews of the best solar powered chargers for your phone. (Click here to check out our list of the best solar laptop chargers!)
1. Suaoki Solar Powered Charger
This solar charger is our top choice because of its portability and flexible functionality. It’s also one solar phone charger with the highest efficiency. It has a lot more fold-out solar panels than most, so more energy can be captured and converted at any one time. So when there’s sun, you can expect a much faster charge.
This power bank is one of the best portable solar powered chargers out there, because it’s so much more than just a phone power source – it even has a laptop output! The ability to charge a laptop definitely comes in handy – you never know when your laptop might unexpectedly run out of power. However, this means it’s also bigger than most other solar power phone resources. When it’s all packed away in the carry case it’s the size of a small laptop case. So it may not be suited for those who just want a small handbag device. Instead, it’s a favorite amongst enthusiastic campers, road trippers, and off-grid travellers.
Although it’s a little on the pricey side, it certainly packs a punch. It can output 60W, and can charge devices between 5 and 18 volts. This smart phone power unit also comes with a carry case, complete with a small section to put your phone inside. This delivers that extra peace of mind that your equipment is safe whilst charging.
- Very high capacity battery gives you the freedom to charge more devices
- Fold-out solar panels mean the power bank can be charged more efficiently
- It can be used for laptops as well as phones, thanks to the included 10-in-1 connector
- It’s not as portable as some similar products
2. CXLiy Solar Powered Charger
This isn’t a foldable solar bank but it does come with some pretty impressive features. It boasts 25,000 mAh of power, as well as two flashlights on the front of the casing. This makes it the ideal device to take camping or keep around for emergencies.
It’s fully waterproof and can charge a typical iPhone up to 8 times before needing to be recharged. If needed, it also has an SOS flashlight setting (red and blue lights) to attract attention in an emergency. It’s very affordable and compared to other power banks with a similar mAh, it’s a great deal.
It comes with a micro USB cable and can charge up to 3 devices through USB at the same time (but bear in mind the more devices you have charging at once, the faster the battery depletes). This makes it a great device to take anywhere you’ll need backup power. It can also be recharged using USB through either micro USB or an iPhone cable.
- It has a high capacity of 25,000 mAh, so you’ll be able to get several charges out of it
- Two built in flashlights come in handy when camping or walking home in the dark
- It’s waterproof, so it can handle any accidents or adventures
- The charge time can be a bit slow
3. Be-Charming Portable Solar Charge Bank
This is a perfectly average solar power bank compared to some of the others on this list, but it’s a reliable, affordable option, which makes it our choice for the best phone charger on a budget. It’s one of the best solutions for iPhones. This power bank has a high capacity (24,000 mAh) which means it should charge a standard iPhone about 5-6 times before needing a recharge.
It’s not waterproof, but it does have a dual flashlight (LED) on the front of the casing. It can be charged either by sunlight or USB depending on what’s available. It also has 3 output USB ports so you can charge several devices at the same time. One point to bear in mind with this option, is that it can’t charge devices at the same time as being recharged itself through USB.
- It’s affordable, so it’s great for those who just want a simple solution to phone battery emergencies
- It has a relatively high capacity of 24,000 mAh, giving you up to 6 phone charges
- It has a built in flashlight
- You can’t charge devices with it whilst also charging the power bank
4. Elzle Portable Solar Power Bank
The Elzle power bank is another great option to keep your phone charged on the go. Its high capacity (25,000 mAh) power means it can support long charging times. However, it can only charge one device at a time. It has a high power flashlight/torch, and the whole device is shockproof. It can prevent devices from overcharging by shutting off when they’re fully charged (though most power banks can do this now), and comes with a micro USB cable.
This is a good option for anyone who’s looking for a solar power phone charger that’s also a high power torch light. However, it’s not so great for people who want to charge more than one device at a time. This item is intended for ‘rough’ campers and hikers that may risk dropping devices on the move. This might not be the best device for charging things like cameras and phones at the same time, but the powerful torch does make it a great choice for camping or emergency car kits, plus it’s very affordable.
- It has a high capacity of 25,000 mAh, so you’ll get a fair few charges out of it
- This has a built in flashlight, which makes it a great option for camping trips
- It’s shockproof, so there’s no risk of it breaking after an accidental drop
- It can only charge one device at a time
5. Bonai High Capacity Solar Bank
The Bonai solar phone charger is the highest capacity power bank we’ve looked at. With 30,000 mAh, it can charge devices for an impressively long time. It can charge an iPhone about 8-10 times. The best part about this product is that it actually has 4 USB ports so you can charge all of your devices at the same time. It can also charge through USB, and can even charge a phone through a Type C connection, meaning it can charge upto 5 devices, all at the same time, without slowing down the charging speed.
Although it can be charged through either USB or solar power, there is a catch. It’s not recommended to charge it on only solar power, all the time. The solar function should be used as an emergency option if there’s no alternative. This helps to preserve the overall lifespan of the product.
- High capacity battery gives you up to 10 phone charges, making it the best for cell phones
- 4 USB ports and 1 type C connection allow you to charge up to 5 devices at once
- It can be charged with a USB cable or with solar power
- The high capacity battery means it takes a long time to charge on solar energy alone