Solar rock lights are accent fixtures that can both emphasize landscaping features and blend in with the surroundings. Because they are made to resemble rocks, they are commonly dark in color and easily masked behind a bush or flower bed. In addition, they require no wiring or battery changes so they are super convenient to install and maintain.
The use of rock solar lights is not limited to the backyard, though. You can set them up in flower pots on a balcony or use them to improve any miniature waterfall, both indoors and outdoors. Basically, any place where you would put a decorative rock is suitable for a solar rock light.
What Are the Best Solar Rock Lights in 2019?
Many people immediately go for Pure Garden solar rock lights when it comes to such fixtures, but while this manufacturer does sell affordable sets, there are plenty of other options out there that are worth considering. Below, you’ll find a diverse selection of some of the best solar rock lights in 2019. (Looking for more attractive solar accessories? Check out these solar gazing balls.)
SHENGSITE Double Head Solar Rock Lights
The landscape solar rock lights by Shengsite have a number of eye-catching features that put them at the top of our list. For one, these fixtures look just like natural rocks, so they blend in perfectly in a garden or on a patio, pathway, or porch. The “double head” design means that each unit comes with two sets of LEDs, with a generous 120º light beam angle.
The rock solar lights have two working modes – warm white and multi-colored, which can help you set up a playful mood for special occasions. The integrated dawn to dusk photocell sensor ensures that the lights turn on automatically in the evening and turn off during the morning. Once these fixtures are installed, you can essentially forget about them. They will continue to light up the garden with no effort or expense on your part.
- Double head design for a brighter light and a wider beam angle
- Looks just like a natural rock; can blend in with the environment in a garden
- Two working modes, warm white and multicolored
- IP 65 waterproof
- Will not stay on throughout the night if they don’t receive enough sunlight during the day
- Bright enough for landscaping, but not suitable for safety or illumination purposes
DURACELL G3152b-1 Solar Spotlight
This Hi-Performance LED rock light by Duracell is more expensive than most Pure Garden solar rock lights, but the price difference is more than worth it in terms of durability and brightness. The casing is made from polyresin, which fulfills a double function. On the one hand, it gives the fixture a natural aspect that fits well in any garden. On the other hand, it ensures the ruggedness of the unit and its ability to last through years of outdoors exposure.
The brightness selector is a fantastic feature that lets you decide whether you prioritize battery life or brightness. The plastic light lenses are adjustable, which means you can also select the angle and direction of the light beam.
- Durable polyresin body that easily blends in with all types of landscaping
- Brightness selector lets you choose between 6 hours of bright illumination or 10 hours of dimmer lighting
- Adjustable plastic lenses
- Fully weatherproof
- More expensive than other options
- Perfect for landscaping, but not bright enough to properly illuminate pathways
STERNO HOME GL28560ST Solar Polyresin Rock Spot Light
Manufactured by Paradise and sold by Sterno Home, these spotlights come closer to the price range of Pure Garden solar rock lights, but are slightly better in terms of performance. Constructed with highly efficient solar panels, the lights are made to turn on and work for hours even in poor weather conditions.
Their polyresin stone finish gives them a fully natural look and turns them into suitable accessories for any garden, patio, or stone waterfall feature. The built-in light sensor is capable of differentiating between dusk and dawn in order to automatically operate the LED lights. The latter are not necessarily as bright as with other options presented here, but they are nevertheless more than sufficient to accentuate a flowerbed, bush, pathway, or other decorative feature.
- More affordable than other options
- Polyresin stone finish ensures both a natural look and the durability of each fixture
- Operated automatically
- Dimmer than other rock solar lights
- Less durable than other options
KANSTAR Dual Head Solar Powered Rock Lights (Frog)
If you’re looking for a spotlight that blends in well with your existing landscaping features, but that is also a bit more fun than typical solar rock lights, this frog-shaped fixture by Kanstar is the perfect candidate. Each unit comes with two sets of LEDs in a “double head” display and both lenses are adjustable so that you can select the most suitable light beam angle and direction.
The casing is designed as a frog’s head and is painted in a bright green color. The lights are programmed with two possible working modes – warm white and color changing – so you can switch things up for playful events. The installation is as quick as popping the fixture in the right place and turning it on for the first time. After its first charge, the light turns on automatically during the evening.
- Frog-shaped body that still blends well with the environment, but is a bit more fun than conventional rock solar lights
- Double head display for wider light beam angle; adjustable lenses
- Two working modes, warm white and color changing
- Slightly more expensive than other options
PURE GARDEN Solar Rock Lights (Set of 4)
This set of 4 Pure Garden solar rock lights is certainly more affordable than the other options presented here, but the lower price comes with some drawbacks. Like most other rock solar lights, these fixtures are very easy to install and maintain. Their dark color helps them fade against the ground while drawing attention to decorative features like flower beds, ponds, fountains, or bushes.
Although they are advertised as weatherproof, most customers have complained that these fixtures may stop working properly after heavy rain. Furthermore, their polypropylene casing is slightly less durable than other materials. Still, the lights look great while they work and their price is definitely a bargain.
- Much more affordable than other options
- Each set comes with 4 rock solar lights
- Operated automatically
- Easily installed
- Not as durable as other options
- Some customers claim the fixtures are not as resistant to natural elements as advertised